PRODUCT REVIEW: Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer + Concealer


Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer + Concealer ($45.00AUD) ★★★★
Size: 100ml
About: eye primer and concealer. Packaged in a plastic bottle.
Review: When I first heard of the new 'Stay, Don't Stray', I thought Benefit Cosmetics were launching yet another brow product to hold those unruly brows (I LOVE their Speed Brow gel!) Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised to discover 'Stay, Don't Stray' is in fact an eye primer.
The reasons for my surprise:
1. There is a huge gap in the market for eye primers to help control those oily eyelids and to help give eye makeup more hold.
2. I am always on the look-out for eye primers because they are hard to find - most brands don't stock one.
3. 'Stay, Don't Stray' doubles up as an eye concealer too - bonus!
So what do I love about the product:
The colour is perfect for concealing my eyelids and reduces and purple or red tinges. I find that the product adheres quickly to the skin and ensures my shadows don't fall-out or separate across my eyelid which is something most of us fear. The packaging is appealing, lightweight, and the name is exciting.
The cons:
This shade won't particularly conceal the eyelid or a medium to dark skin because the pigment is light. The pump disperses too much product (one pump covers both lids entirely and there is still a bit left over). If this came in a tube or with a sensitive-to-touch pump then it would be more economic for the user (and the environment). All-in-all, 'Stray, Don't Stay' is a fantastic product. With a few tweaks to the packaging, this could be an amazing product. I'm even considering this as an investment piece for my makeup kit.
Purchased: No. (Thank you sassisam.com for allowing me to trial this product)

0 comments:

Post a Comment