NP Set Reviews



Famous Australian makeup artist Napoleon Perdis has jet-setted the globe in his quest to become a leading worldly makeup artist, known in Australia for Napoleon Perdis cosmetics. Now he brings us NP Set cosmetics, a range all about glamour on the go and each product is appropriately named after famous cities from all around the world. Products are easy to use, many are conveniently multi-purpose and packaged in easy to carry compacts. NP Set cosmetics was launched in Target US and Australia in 2008 and is also available at all Napoleon Perdis counters and concept stores.

NP Set Body Lotion in 'Moroccan Citrus' ($18.99AUD) ★★★★★
Product type: rich hydrating body lotion with a creamy texture that comes in four different scents. Packaged in a large white plastic bottle with flip-top lid.
I have a confession: I forget to moisturise my body - in fact I usually apply body creams about twice a week. I just don't find the time or see the benefits - until NP Set Body Lotion. My skin has not felt so soft and smooth, nor has ir looked this healthy in a long time and it is all thanks to NP Set Body Lotion. This is a lightweight creamy lotion that is quite rich in consistency without having a thick balmy texture. Morroccan Citrus is a lovely fruity/citrus scent that is not overpowering. The scent lingers on the skin for a short period of time after the lotion has been applied. Sweet Orange Oil, extracted from orange peel, is at the heart of Moroccan Citrus. This delicious essential oil is used as an antibacterial agent and cleansing tool while assisting with muscle relaxation. The packaging is soooo cute - the bottles are really beautiful to keep on display on the sink in the bathroom, kitchen and even the laundry sink, I plan on keeping mine when I have used all of the body wash. Collect them all; indulge and enjoy. Five stars to Body Lotion because this product is everything it promises AND it is both SLS and Paraben-free.

NP Set Body Wash in 'Tahitian Vanilla' ($18.99AUD) ★★★★
Product type: cleansing body wash that comes in four different scents. Packaged in a large white plastic bottle with flip-top lid.
This impressive formula is both paraben and SLS free. If that was not enough to entice you then how about the fact that NP Set Body Wash comes in four different enticing scents: Tahitian Vanilla, Morroccan Citrus, Jaipur Jasmine and Shanghai Ginger. I like the consistency of the formula - it is lightweight and creamy but if there was one thing I could change, I would prefer it to foam a little better because NP Set Body Wash does not really foam like it claims to do so - but then again I would rather stick with this formula than used one filled with Parabens and Sodium Laureth Sulfate.Tahitian Vanilla has a soft vanilla scent and contains Vanilla Oil, the key ingredient known for its sensual aroma while nourishing and protecting dry skin. I have used the formula for a few months and although my hands still feel dry after washing, they do feel a little less dried out. The packaging is soooo cute - the bottles are really beautiful to keep on display on the sink in the bathroom, kitchen and even the laundry sink, I plan on keeping mine when I have used all of the body wash. Collect them all; indulge and enjoy.

NP Set Concealer ($30.00AUD) ★★★★½
Product type: liquid concealer offering a natural light to medium coverage. Comes in three shades and enclosed in a twist pen and sponge applicator.
NP Set's Concealer is a fast and effective way to cover up dark circles and conceal blemishes - with a twist of the pen and a swoop of the sponge applicator all traces of evidence will be removed - or should I say most traces will be removed. The consistency of NP Set Concealer is light, creamy and easy to blend but it offers a light to medium coverage so if blemishes or dark circles are quite deep then I recommend blending this with your regular foundation. In fact, I am so happy with this concealer that I use Light and Medium in my makeup kit and brides look amazing wearing it. TIP: If you have mature skin, or tend to go greasy around the eyes then I recommend using only a light film of NP Set Concealer and then powdering the area with a pressed powder to stop the concealer from running or wearing off.
NP Set Concealer is proudly paraben-free, instead using a natural preservative which is ideal for those with sensitive skin. It contains Vitamin E for a boost of antioxidants and Australian Myrtle Oil, an antibacterial ingredient that is ideal for blemishes. Try it out and tell your friends because you won't be disappointed.

NP Set Glamorista Mascara ($25.00AUD) ★★★★½
NP Set Glamorista Mascara - BlackProduct type: lengthening and lash thickening mascara packaged in a white makeup tube. Bristles are different sizes on each side of the wand for an effective finish.
Woah, this is one impressive mascara. It makes lashes come alive - thick lush black lashes in seconds. The  first day I wore it into work a colleague commented on how lovely my eye makeup looked when in fact all I was wearing was mascara! The name suggests the feeling I get when I wear it: glamorous, feminine and pretty. It is gentle enough for sensitive eyes and does not irritate. The wand is divided into two brush types - one lengthens and separates while the other adds fullness and fattens lashes. One problem though: Glamorista mascara is really difficult to remove. It is so adhesive that I need to use a cotton pad drenched with eye makeup remover because when I only use a cleanser I end up with black skanky skunky residue that sticks to my skin like tar. Apart from being water resistant, I do love NPset's Glamorista Mascara.

NP Set Detoxifying Facial Toner ($32.00AUD) ★★★★★
Product type: liquid/gel facial toner designed to remove residual traces of makeup and oil while balancing the skin. Suited for all skin types. Packaged in a tall bottle with a flip-top lid.
Purchased? No.
Detoxifying Facial Toner is unlike any toner I have experienced and it is mainly due to its unusual texture: a liquid-gel consistency that glides on and absorbs on the skin’s surface like a serum. While it feels hydrating and balancing after cleansing, the formula also works to remove excess oil which is irrelevant for drier skin types, however it does not feel drying. The scent is mild and bearable and traces of ingredients such as Mandarin, Orange and Tomato can be detected. Detoxifying Facial Toner also contains Green Tea Extract and ProVitamin B5 to reduce skin irritation. Paraben-free, this is a fantastic addition to the NP Set collection.
NP Set Jet Set Multi-Purpose Palette ($39.00AUD) ★★★★★
Product type: multi-purpose palette containing powder eyeshadows, powder powder blush, bronzer, lipgloss and applicators. Jet Set is a palette of neutral shades suitable for women of all ages. Packaged in a small travel compact.
Hands up if you want a touch up kit that is lightweight and easy to take anywhere? Me, me, me! Guess what beautettes? I have found it: NP Set's Jet Set palette contains 18 powder eyeshadows, 2 powder blushes, 2 powder bronzers and 4 lip slicks pacakaged in a cute plastic palette with a soft top. The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented - not as highly pigmented as I would like, but close enough and the colours are divided in to matt and shimmery consistencies. The blushes and bronzers are highly pigmented, however the colours are very soft and natural so if you are expecting a vibrant pop of colour then perhaps you should use an alternative blush. The lip slicks are a sheer and sticky consistency with a hint of colour. All colours in the palette are suited to most skin tones.
TIP: Apply the white eyeshadow with pink undertones to the brow bone, cheek bones and along the cupid's bow above your top lip for a sexy and subtle shimmer. I love it! Jet Set is one of my all-time favourite palettes.

NP Set Lipstick in 'Rio' ($22.00AUD) ★★★★★
Np Set Lipstick Rio matte, Brick Red, 0.8-OunceProduct type: long wearing lipstick with a slightly matte texture and finish that does not smudge. Packaged in a white lipstick godet.
I will be the first to admit that I hate red lipstick on myself.... I seriously hate it. But when Rio landed on my desk I was intrigued by the pink-red shade that peered at me under the lid and the description that came with it: brick red. Ugh... how appealing, I thought to myself. When it came to trying on NP Set in Rio, I was really surprised with the product, for starters the colour actually looks really nice on... much better than it looks in the lippie godet. The texture is soft and smooth during application and the colour stays for hours without touching up. Over an 8 hour period I think I touched up 3-4 times and worm colleagues were asking me if I had touched up my lips because the colour was still prominent. The matte finish was a little flat for my liking and if givne the opportunity, I would have loved to add a clear gloss to give it some definition. Five stars for staying power, keeping lips feeling soft ... and for not smudging everywhere!


NP Set Purifying Facial Cleanser 200ml ($32.00AUD) ★
Product type: foaming facial cleanser packaged in a plastic bottle with a flip top lid.
Hmmm... I am not impressed with Purifying Facial Cleanser. Let's start with the texture: it is supposed to foam on the skin when massaged with water, however the cleanser looks and feels like water - it even oozes out like water. Purifying Facial Cleanser does not feel like a typical face cleanser either, and I am really disappointed because it creates a tingling,
burning sensation on my skin. Considering the product contains Mandarine, Carrot and Tomato as well as floral and plant extracts which claim to soothe the skin, the ingredients do not seem to do their job.  I have triple checked the product packaging and can't find any reference regarding the skin type that this is best suited to but I certainly would not recommend this for a sensitive skin type. There is one plus to this formula, because Purifying Facial Cleanser is paraben free but I honestly feel that this cleanser needs reformulating before it upsets other's skin.


NP Set Say Goodnight Night Cream ($35.00AUD) ★★★
Product type: hydrating facial night cream suited for all skin types. Packaged in a plastic jar with twist lid.
Purchased? No.
A lightweight night cream, Say Goodnight Night Cream is paraben-free, but that does not detract from the heavy scent which makes the overall product unappealing because the heedy scent is distracting and does seem to help me get a good night’s sleep. Containing Shea Butter to hydrate, Vitamin E for a youthful appearance and ProVitamin B5 to protect, Say Goodnight Night Cream contains nasty ingredients such as Dimethicone, Acrylates and Fragrance. While the night cream glides along the skin with ease, its watery texture does not feel creamy or luxurious like other creams do and the product does feel ‘watered-down’ so to speak.

NP Set Wake Me Up Day Cream ($35.00AUD) ★★★
Product type: hydrating facial day cream suited for all skin types. Packaged in a plastic jar with twist lid.
Purchased? No.
A nutrient rich moisturiser containing Vitamins A and E, Rice Extract, Rose Extract and Argan Oil is a fabulous lightweight day cream. Not too creamy, Wake Me Up Day Cream is the perfect consistency to wear under makeup, however I do not highly rate moisturisers suited to all skin types because it is not skin specific. While suitable for oily skin types in the winter, it is better for drier skin in the mid-seasons. The scent is overpowering and makes the product less appealing as a whole. While Wake Me Up Day Cream is free from parabens, it contains chemicals such as Dimethicone and Acrylates which I am not too thrilled with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment