Napoleon Perdis Reviews

Stockist: www.ry.com.au

Created in the 90's by Australia's leading makeup artist, Napoleon Perdis who picked up his first brush at the age of 13 and taught himself the art of makeup application. Now based in Los Angeles, Napoleon dreams of democratizing the art of makeup, transforming runway trends to reality and colour-matching for women of all skin tones. With a wide array of professional products, Napoleon Perdis cosmetics is used by makeup artists around the world and available to women worldwide.
Napoleon Perdis Cosmetics supports Ovarian Cancer Australia by donating the net proceeds from DéVine Goddess Lipstick in Hera and Auto Pilot Lip Service products.

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________

 
____________________


Napoleon Perdis Light Diffusing Foundation ($59.00AUD) ★★★
Product type: liquid foundation w/light-reflecting pigments that offers medium coverage. Packaged in glass bottles.
Purchased? Yes.
Light Diffusing Foundation gives a medium coverage with a dewy finish, but can be a little oily for some skin types (it is not oil-free). It does require a primer and powder to give it hold on the skin. The range of shades is quite good but is not for darker skin tones as four shades make it limited. I would recomend this for normal to dry skin and for those seeking a medium coverage with a natural finish.

Napoleon Perdis Lip Lacquer ($20.00AUD) ★★★★★
Napoleon Perdis Lip Laquers Mini Lip Lacquer, Love Shine 1 eaProduct type: sticky, high-shine gloss packaged in a plastic squeeze tube.
Purchased? Yes.
I have had a love-hate relationship with Lip Lacquer for a long time. Once I thought these were too sticky and now I appreciate the stickiness because it keeps the gloss on for longer. These provide a shiny, juicy finish and the shades are so pretty, you will want to take a few home. Baby Lips is such a beautiful colour (my favourite before it was discontinued in the larger tube but it is back in the mini tubes so hallelujah!) Now my favourite shade is Tropic Lust, a gorgeous coral shade. If you find your hair catches on to your gloss then this is not the gloss for you but if you want a long lasting gloss then Lip Lacquer is the perfect gloss.... Five stars.

Napoleon Perdis Lip Pencil ($25.00AUD) ★★½
Product type: lip pencil with a firm texture, comes in a range of shades.
Purchased? Yes.
I have noticed that a lot of the popular shades from this collection have been discontinued. How disappointing. Although the colour range was originally pretty good, the pencil's texture is very hard and rough and needs to be softened on the back of your hand before application because otherwise it will crumble and leave a mess. There are softer lip pencils out there but I must say I do love Deep Plum shade the best, a shade worn religiously by a Napoleon consultant I used to work with... she got me hooked on it and now my kit will never be without it. I am yet to try the new shades and formulation but my thoughts of the original formula: it certainly needed some work.

Napoleon Perdis Lip Service ($28.00AUD) ★★★★
Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Lip Service Lipgloss, Hush 1 eaProduct type: clear, smooth lip treatment that doulbes as a gloss, containing a high-shine. It is packaged in a squeeze tube w/ lip applicator.
Purchased? Yes.
Lip Service leaves your lips hydrated and smooth. I like the tingling sensation the menthol leaves on your lips as it quenches your dry lips and its unusual scent. This is a staple product in my makeup kit and I apply it to my client's lips when I start their makeover so by the time I do their lips, their lips are really soft and smooth. Perfect for the cooler months of the year Lip Service prevents chapped lips and keeps them hydrated for hours on end.


Napoleon Perdis Luminous Lip Veil in 'Gold & the Beautiful' ($25.00AUD) ★★★★
Product type: lightweight glossy lip gloss that hydrates lips. Packaged in a square lip gloss tube with lip brush applicator.
Purchased? No.
For those who like a gloss with a built in lip brush then take note of Luminous Lip Veil which is a lovely lightweight lip gloss which feels smooth on lips and gives a shiny, glossy finish. Gold & the Beautiful is a stunning clear gloss with glitter specks that gives lips light and makes them appear fuller and glossier. The scent is sweet and subtle with a hint of aniseed which I do not usually like however this scent I don't mind. The lip brush is soft and gives a tidy finish but if I could change it, I would make it a little firmer. Luminous Veil contains aloe vera to hydrate lips and prevent them from drying up and after wearing it all day, my lips do feel smooth. The packaging is streamlined and easy to carry in the handbag, backpocket or clutch. Sadly though it is made in China and because the brand is meant to be Australian, I am disappointed by this so I have had to deduct a star. Good news though: it is free from parabens which is a bonus.

Napoleon Perdis Long Black Mascara ($33.00AUD) ½
Product type: all-round mascara to lengthen and define w/ bent mascara wand to even distribute formula. Packaged in white tube.
Purchased? No.
I was super excited to use this mascara after using two bad mascaras in a row (leaving me scarred and frustrated) but this one was a huge disappointment. The mascara ran (isn't it supposed to be smudgeproof or water resistant?), and the smudge formula was so hard to remove without wrecking lashes or smudging more further because the products dries so quickly. The scent is kind of nice but very strong and I could smell it when wearing it which is strange. My eyes are sensitive so the scent and smudge formula did not make a positive impression. I would not recommend this mascara as I would do with the Madame Lash collection.

Napoleon Perdis Mesmer-Eyes Mascara 'Black Waterproof' ($35.00AUD) ½
Product type: mascara designed to lift and accentuate lashes to give a voluminous effect.
Purchased? No.
Oh dear... I don't want to say this but Mesmer-Eyes Waterproof Mascara is terrible. The 'revolutionary technology' which many know as coating the lashes in 'tubes' did nothing but pull out my delicate lashes and leave me missing a few ... all within days of my wedding! So, I was not happy about that and did have to wear false lashes to give my real lashes the extra flutter that they deserve. Plus being a waterproof formula some of the clumps or 'tubes' clung on to my lashes days after I wore it and would not come off with warm water or makeup remover as the product claims to. I must say I am rather disappointed because one of the makeup artists on counter told me how just wonderful Mesmer-Eyes was and went in to all of the wonders it would do for me, which it did not. It comes in a regular non-waterproof edition also which I have not tried but I am hoping that it is much more gentle on the lashes than this was. Designed by Napoleon Perdis as “a miracle bra for your lashes!” it curls, lengthens and volumes and I won't take that away from the formula but it also leaves lashes looking spindly and spidery if too many coats are applied.

Napoleon Perdis Mighty Concealer Pen in 'Mellow Yellow' ($35.00AUD) ★★★★
Product type: liquid concealer available in three shades. Packaged in a concealer pen with a twist top that releases the product and has a brush applicator on the reverse.
Purchased? Yes.
While pen concealers are generally my favourites, many have a consistency that is too sheer. Mighty Concealer Pen is different, offering medium coverage with a creamy liquid consistency. The pen is the perfect size to hold while the brush is soft but slightly firm. When using it on clients, I like to use Mighty Concealer Pen alone for coverage, or for those who have dark circles, I mix a little stick foundation for flawless results. Mighty Concealer Pen offers a special technology called hydrogel which works to deliver a long-lasting finish whilst looking radiant.
TIP: Wear concealer over your foundation and apply only to the areas which need attention. Sadly, while the product sounds fantastic, there is one hitch. The formula loses a point because it contains Dimethicone and Parabens, however as the product needs to adhere to the skin, it is understandable that the formula does c
ontain parabens.

Napoleon Perdis Minimal Makeup ($59.00) ★★★★½
Product type: liquid foundation w/ light coverage & SPF10+ & packaged in glass bottle.
Purchased? Yes.
I like the way Minimal Makeup contains SPF10 to protect the skin whilst hydrating. It is an ultra light foundation which is the next step up from a tinted moisturizer. It provides a natural, smooth coverage and looks great on all skin, but highly recommended on skin that does not require a lot of makeup. If your skin has wrinkles this is wonderful and light so it does not sit in fine lines or creases along the skin.

Napoleon Perdis Mosaic Powder with Puff - Blusher ($60.00AUD) ★★★★★
Product type: compact pressed powder blush tiles - 4 shades pressed together for depth. Packaged in white compact with pink puff applicator.
Purchased? Yes.
I LOVE Napoleon Perdis' Mosaic Blusher! It gives my skin a natural, healthy pink glow which looks and feels beautiful. I used this blush day-in, day-out for over two years & it just kept giving and giving! I love the packaging, it comes in a nice sleek compact with a mirror. It is definitely worth its retail cost and I would definitely purchase again.

Napoleon Perdis Mosaic Powder with Puff - Bronzer ($60.00AUD) ½
Product type: compact pressed powder bronzer tiles - 4 shades pressed together for depth. Packaged in white compact with pink puff applicator.
Purchased? Yes.
Sadly, I do not like Bronzing Mosaic Powder. It is extremely orange and anytime I put it on my skin, I come out looking like a leopard...even when I put the teensiest bit on! It would suit a darker skin tone but it still gives an orange effect. This product should be corrected/re-formulated to suit all skintones and become more brown-based.

Napoleon Perdis Mosaic Powder with Puff - Highlighter ($60.00AUD) ★★★
Product type: compact pressed powder highlighter tiles - 4 shades pressed together for depth. Packaged in  white compact with pink puff applicator.
Purchased? Yes.
I am 50/50 on this product - while it is a pretty highlighter and the packaging is appealing, the product does not provide a soft and natural shimmer like others on the market. While the highlighter is soft, it is a little too soft and hard to notice.

Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara - Madame Beyond ($33.00AUD) ★★★★½
Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara Madame Beyond, Black 1 eaProduct type: black lengthening mascara packaged in white tube.
Purchased? Yes.
Madame Beyond is a great mascara! It lengthens the lashes whilst making them look dark and sexy. The formula lasts ages without drying out and looks great on all lashes, regardless of their length. The packaging is really beautiful and unique, and the grip is comfortable too. The brush is fatter on the ends and more tapered on the inner corner. This is designed to ensure every lash is covered.

Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara - Madame Crystal ($33.00AUD) ★★
Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara Madame Crystal, Black 1 eaProduct type: clear defining mascara packaged in white tube.
Packaged? Yes.
At first I thought Madame Crystal was an amazing product but then I realised the formula dries up quickly, so it is not great value for money. It is designed to coat lashes for a natural look (which I think is a waste of time) and to use as a brow gel (but it does not work very well) and so I would not purchase in future. The packaging is nice and the product is easy to use but it doesn't serve any purpose.


Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara - Madame Curl Curl ($33.00AUD) ★★½
Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara Madame Curl Curl, Black 1 eaProduct type: black curling mascara packaged in white tube.
Purchased? Yes.
Madame Curl Curl is great for those who have (or want) curly lashes - it subtly emphasises it and gives a natural, even mascara application to lashes. For those who do not have curly lashes, this will lift and give a subtle curl so best to use an eyelash curler before application.


Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara - Madame Prep ($33.00AUD) ★★★½
Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara Madame Prep, Black 1 eaProduct type: white priming mascara packaged in white tube.
Purchased? Yes.
Madame Prep is ideal for a thick, dramatic, false lash look. It can be worn under your mascara for any occasion and helps to condition the lashes while it thickens. You will see lashes, even if you don't think you have many. However, it is a little clumpy so apply with care.


Napoleon Perdis Pro Palette Concealer ★★★½
Napoleon Perdis Pro Palette Correct & Conceal 1 eaProduct type: soft & creamy concealer offering medium to full coverage. Packaged in a plastic pot with dividers to separate each shade.
Purchased? Yes.
Pro Palette Concealer is ideal for makeup artists as you can carry 3 shades in one small, convenient palette. However, I do not find this very effective for some girls who may not need all 3 shades and I am not a fan of the corrective pro palette concealer. A good product over all because the formula is soft & creamy and blends nicely into the skin.

Napoleon Perdis Sable Brush Angled Eyeliner ($25.00AUD) ★★★★
Product type: sable brush perfect for lining eyes close to lashline - use with gel liners & liquid liners.
Purchased? Yes.
I have been using this eyeline for a few years - it is the perfect tool for eye application (gel/creme eyeliners, applying powder to the lash line, etc). It might seem expensive for a brush but with care, these last a long time. The bristles can separate if not cared for.
Napoleon Perdis Satin Lips ($24.00AUD) ★★★½
Product type: smooth, non-sticky lip gloss that comes in a range of shades. Packaged in a plastic tube contain with brush applicator on lid.
Purchased? No.
Satin Lips is a beautiful, shiny & smooth gloss which does not make your lips stick together! However, the product can leak as some of the handles I have had have broken off or been faulty and the product wears off quite easily, which means regular application is essential.

Napoleon Perdis Sheer Genius Liquid Foundation SPF22 30ml ($69.00AUD) ★★★½
Product type: hydrating liquid foundation offering sheer to medium coverage, contains SPF. Packaged in black glass bottle w/ twist lid.
Purchased? No.
I adore the wonderful Sheer Genius Foundation which leaves my skin looking flawless and fabulous each and every time. Perfect for the warmer months, the consistency is lightweight and slightly dewy, however in the cooler months (or on drier skin) the formula is a little different, needing a good moisturiser underneath to prevent it from streaking or accentuating dry or flaky areas of the face. Sheer Genius Foundation offers a hydrating finish for the skin thanks to Napoleon Perdis' hydrogel technology which is designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles - how good is that. The selection of colours are really good too, ranging from very fair to dark, so even girls with gorgeous dark skin tones can find one to match. I love the fact this contains a built in SPF22 protection because this puts my mind at ease throughout the day (thanks Napoleon Perdis). Disappointed to say that Sheer Genius contains Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane and Ethylene as main ingredients and these are described as potentially dangerous chemicals. However the formula is paraben free which is great, and with a few tweaks Sheer Genius could become the brands most genius foundation.
TIP: For best results apply Sheer Genius with a foundation brush and then blend streaks or darker patches with fingertips.

Napoleon Perdis Smooth Over Body Scrub ($40.00AUD) ★★★★
Product type: body scrub with sugar granules packaged in white plastic twist-lid tub. 
Purchased? Yes.
Smooth Over is a heavenly-scented scrub which really preps the skin for fake tan application, or to slough off dead skin cells. It is really gentle on the skin, leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and the scent is invigorating because the lemony scent makes me feel relaxed and prepared for summer. The price has jumped up a bit in the past couple of years, however Smooth Over Body Scrub is worth the money.

Napoleon Perdis Summer Lovers Summer Tan Self Tanning Spray ($30.00AUD) ★
Napoleon Perdis Summer Sun Self Tanning Spray 2.3 fl oz.Product type: self tanning spray formula for all skin tones, packaged in aluminium aerosol can with turning spray nozzle.
Purchased? No.
Hmmm - I would not purchase this again. Summer Tan Self Tanning Spray was messy, it smelled awful, and it actually does spit out colour in patches (even though the product claims it goes on clear) which I had to rub in and try to blend. My fiancee saw the results after I had applied it to my legs and told me it did not look natural at all. The product is fairly simple to use but I personally try to avoid stray self-tanners because I have problems with them. It is quite sticky and the smell is very strong and off-putting (it actually makes me feel sick). Sadly, I did not see the results I was hoping for which is a shame because I was awfully keen to try this. However, the presentation and packaging are nice to do tie in with the Summer Lovers range.

0 comments:

Post a Comment